OpenStack’s network service provides an easy system for managing the network connectivity within Fuga Cloud. Here you can quickly create and assign new networks and IP addresses. For this guide, we assume that you have some knowledge about working with subnets.
Creating a network
- Go to your dashboard.
- Click on the Networking tab and select Networks.
- Click on the button Create Network.
- Specify your new network name (should be unique) in the network tab and click Next.
- Fill in the information in the Subnet tab:
- Subnet Name is optional. Specify a name for this subnet.
- Fill out the Network Address for your subnet (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24).
- Gateway IP is optional. You usually leave this field blank and leave Disable Gateway deselected.
- Click Next.
- It’s time to determine the Subnet Details in the Subnet Detail tab.
- Leave Enable DHCP on by default.
- Leave Allocation Pools blank by default.
- Now we must supply the DNS Name Servers you will be using for your instances (e.g. 220.127.116.11).
- Leave Host Routes blank by default.
- Click Create.
Now you can see your network in the networks tab. You can always edit the network later or add another subnet. If you edit your subnet, make sure you empty the Allocation Pools field. If you do not empty the Allocation Pools field you are not able to save your subnet changes.