How to create and configure a load balancer
Estimated time to read: 1 minute
Before starting this tutorial, make sure you have 2 (or more) instances running that you want to load balance. Fuga Cloud account
Creating the load balancer pool.
- First, go to your dashboard and go to Network –> Load Balancers
- Click on Create Load Balancer
- Give your load balancer a name
- Select the right network
- Select the right subnet
- After that, you can see the ports on the subnet with the instance name
- Select the right ports/instances
- Specify the Load Balancer port and the IP Port
- Select one of the methods:
- Round robin: Rotates requests evenly between multiple instances.
- Least connections: Allocates requests to the instance with the least number of active connections.
- Source IP: Requests from a unique source IP address are consistently directed to the same instance.
- Configure your monitoring (Members may go offline from time to time and the health monitor diverts traffic away from members that are not responding properly.)
- Timeout: The time to wait for a response/connection/ping reply before the check is considered to fail.
- Delay: The time in seconds between alive checks.
- Max retries: The number of retries before the node is considered truly to be offline (Admin state will be set to DOWN).
- Click Create load balancer
You have now a working load balancer.